Becky Paris, LCDC III
- Leads Opiate Response Team for a leading Recovery Services organization covering Medina County
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III
- Advocate for local recovery and mental health initiatives
John Ropar, PhD, PCC-S
- Former Director, John Carroll University Counseling Center (16 years)
- Private psychology practice (31 years)
- Specialty areas: mood disorders (anxiety, depression), relationship & family challenges, substance abuse & dependence, and the interaction of spirituality with mental health
- Spiritual Director (12 years)
- Ignatian Spirituality Project, Akron Men’s Coordinator and Retreat Facilitator (7 years)
- Over two years sobriety
- Active member and sponsor in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Business experience in sales and logistics
- Lifelong Wadsworth resident and University of Akron Graduate
Lynn Smith, MSW, CRC
- Over 36 years of experience in the field of Vocational Rehabilitation which includes vocational assessment, counseling, training, job analyses, job development and job placement.
- Work experience includes:
- Group counseling of recovering members to foster independence and sober lifestyles.
- Job coaching to assist individuals on the job to learn and maintain employment.
- Vocational expert testimony (current job) to provide review of work history and testify about other work options available.
- Over 14 years sobriety
- Alcoholics Anonymous meeting leader and group founder, Heart 4 the City, Akron
- Former Residential Supervisor, IBH Recovery, Akron (5 years)
- Former manager of multiple recovery homes (2 years)
- Advisor for a number of organizations including Green Drug Task Force
- Over five years of sobriety
- Meeting leader and current treasurer of his Alcoholics Anonymous home group, the Broad Highway Group
- Team leader for Appalachian Service Project volunteer program
- 35 years experience in law enforcement; retired as Detective Sergeant in 2013
- Founder, Francis House
- Ignatian Spirituality Project Retreat Facilitator (5 years)
- Business experience (over 39 years; retired)
Board Member “Emeritus”
- Over seven years sobriety
- Full-time student University of Akron – social work major
- Ignatian Spirituality Project Retreat Facilitator and Witness (5 years)
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Leader, Choices Community House, Akron
Joan Stenger, LPCC-S, LICDC
Lead Counselor, Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program, leading Northeast Ohio drug & alcohol rehabilitation treatment center
- Former Mental Health & Addiction Intensive Outpatient Care, St.Thomas Hospital
- Specialty areas: addiction and trauma
- Over 4 years sobriety
- Certified Peer Recovery Coach for a leading recovery services organization covering Medina County.
- Previous Founder/Owner/Operator of Pathway to Serenity sober living in Akron.
- Board Member for Hope Recovery Community in Medina.